Friday, October 8, 2010

Home!

Well I'm back home again after a wonderful month in Spain and a short visit to London. Some of my favourite things in Spain include eating proper tapas, especially boccorones (anchovies in vinegar) and bacalao (thinly sliced salted cod), watching flamenco, mudejar and muslim architecture, and the mountain landscapes of the Pyrenees and Andalucia.
Roman aqueduct in Segovia:
Granada, Alhambra in the distance:
Real Alcazar, Seville:
Park Guell, Barcelona:


In Barcelona I was inspired by local artist and crafty lady Ann-Lena. She has a shop in El Borne selling her cute crochet art, including these mushrooms I bought. Check out her blog here.

I'm looking forward to getting back into my crochet designing, and getting lots of new items ready for summer markets and winter on etsy. Enjoy Spring!



3 comments:

  1. Oooo! Gorgeous photo's.
    Sounds like you had an amazing time.
    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel!

    Stopped by to say have enjoyed all yr great posts from Spain where I live! Especially on the Alhambra.

    Noticed though you've stopped following! Have I inadvertently in some way offended you? I often visit but unfortunately don't always have time to leave comments. :(

    Looking forward to hearing from you,

    Lola:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA! boccorones????


    ...BOQUERONES!!! (also called "agrios")

    ReplyDelete