I've made tons of these for markets and they prove popular with girls of all ages. You can make them in all sorts of colors with contrasting or complimentary coloured buttons in the middle. Vary the yarn size for different sized flowers - lots of options to be creative. Here is a free pattern for you to make your own!
Crochet Flower Hair Clips and Hair Elastics Pattern by Mel Paton (Mel P Designs)
Yarn: worsted weight
Other: small buttons
1. Chain 2. 5 sc into 2nd ch from hook. Do not join.
2. (ss, sc, 3dc, sc, ss) all into 1st sc.
3. (ss, sc, 3dc, sc, ss) all into next sc.
4. Repeat row 3 for a total of 5 times, you will now have 5 petals.
5. Leave a long end for sewing. Use end to sew a button to the middle and to sew onto a hair clip or elastic band. Finish off and weave in ends.
Easy huh? If you've enjoyed this pattern or found it useful, I would love to here about it!