Friday, December 21, 2012

Easiest ever crochet newborn baby beanie

It has been too long since I have posted a free crochet pattern on my blog. I've been back teaching full-time this year so I haven't has as much time as I would like to write up and design patterns. But the joys of being a teacher include having 6 weeks off over summer - yayy! So here is a pattern I have designed to make THE EASIEST EVER newborn baby hat. It takes me less than 15 minutes to whip one up. Even beginners should be able to get a good result.


Newborn Hat Pattern (white wool and 5mm hook)

Round 1: Ch4 (this counts as one dc), 11 dc in 4th ch from hook. (12dc) Do not join.
Round 2: 2 dc into 4th ch of ch4 from previous row, 2dc in each st around. (24dc) Do not join.
R3: *dc in 1st st, 2dc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (36dc) Do not join.
Round 4 – 9: dc in each st. (36dc)
Round 10: hdc in each st to last 3 sts, sc in last 3 sts, ss to finish off.
Fasten off and weave in ends. Finished measurements: approximately 5.5 inches tall and 6 inches wide.

©melpdesigns 2012. Permission is granted to make and sell items made from this pattern, but please kindly reference me as the designer. Please do not sell or distribute this pattern.

How did you go? Was the pattern super easy or what?!

3 comments:

  1. ...i have no idea what any of that means...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crochet patterns can look like gobbledegook to the uninitiated - but so easy once you have the hang of it!

      Delete